Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hurray for Bake Sales

Instead of posting cute pictures of me going down a slide and getting my face painted I thought I would share some pics of treats I made today (after all...that's what blogs are for right?!).

As some of you know, I really like to cook and I really like food. So much so that at 34 weeks pregnant I am still working out six times a week and walking my daughter to and from school. I exercise so I can eat a cookie or some ice cream (did I say "or"?). Yum!

I get excited when I think about what I'm going to make, whether sweet or savory, and I enjoy sharing my creations. I wish you were here to taste them!!


 Hubby has a group presentation today and one of their assignments was to bring something for everyone. He volunteered to bring a treat and told me he would make them, but I wouldn't let him. These are chocolate chip cookies with chopped Double Stuff Oreos. Yes, I said Oreos, and yes, that white stuff is cream.


Since it's a presentation for a Master's class I thought they should look "professional." The Jays are Creighton University's mascot.



 I also signed up for a bake sale at Lizard's school. The items will be sold during tomorrow's open house. I bagged up some of the cookies (see below) and also made a white chocolate popcorn mix with pretzels, m&ms, and marshmallows. I used buttered popcorn so you have the salty sweet. Lizard's school mascot is a sun.



1 comment: