Monday, January 13, 2014

Christmas Sunday

I found some fabric at Hancock's and knew I had to get it. I've been trying not to buy fabric without a specific purpose (which means I have to avoid fabric stores altogether unless I have a project in mind), but I made an exception for this fabric. It ended up becoming a skirt for Little Bird. Lizard didn't want a matching one so I have some fabric left over for a future Christmas project.


I thought it turned out pretty cute. There is elastic in the back of the waistband, but it is flat in the front, and I found a spool of pleated ribbon that I thought really completed the hem. 





 Okay, I wanted a really nice picture of the kids dressed up on Christmas Sunday...even though they aren't coordinating at all...what kind of mother am I?!! I digress, so I wanted a nice picture, but hubby had to go to church early for meetings and it was just me and well, you see the results. The background isn't anything to get excited about and The Chief was a little less than enthusiastic. Lizard did her best to keep the photo shoot going and I went with it. I'm all about the "natural shot," you know, capturing children as they really are.







2 comments:

  1. My boys did match and I totally forgot to take a picture. :( Bummer.
    CUTE skirt...you should teach me how to do that waistband for fabric I bought for a skirt for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and getting caught up on your lives! Beautiful skirt for Little Bird!

    ReplyDelete