Sunday, June 1, 2014

Pink Kitchen

Little Bird loves to pretend to cook, and I've been wanting to get her a kitchen but couldn't decide on what to get. I debated going the DIY route and making one from scratch, but then sanity kicked in and I realized that with the move that was unlikely to happen in the near future. Then I saw photos of the Ikea kitchen and thought it was really cute and decided I would get that one. While we were in Utah Little Bird saw a pink kitchen in the basement and came running up the stairs to tell me that she has a pink kitchen. I asked her if she wanted a pink kitchen and she said, "Stop saying that mommy, I have a pink kitchen. It's my pink kitchen."

There are all kinds of examples on the internet of Ikea kitchens that have been painted or altered so I knew I could make it pink if she wanted. Some have back splashes (I'm talking real tile), knobs for the oven, fabric, curtains, "stainless" appliances...we just went for a new paint job.




 Little Bird chose a light pink for her kitchen and we decided on Desire Pink. Some of the paint names are really funny. There was a Fussy Pink, Impatient Pink, Dragon Fruit...you get the idea. 



 While the kids were playing I painted the kitchen. Arizona is a great place to paint things because the paint dries really fast.


I am 29 weeks in this picture.



 Little Bird is really protective of her new pink kitchen so The Chief has to be sneaky in order to play with it.


 

Before


 After




1 comment:

  1. How cute! That was so nice of you to paint it for her and I'm glad it wasn't "Fussy Pink". LOL. I hope the Chief doesn't get in too much trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete