Sunday, August 17, 2014

Lizard turns the big 1-1

Lizard's birthday was on Sunday this year so we stretched out the celebration over a couple of days. Friday I made her favorite meal, Swedish Meatballs. Saturday we went to the Lego Store and she made up three mini figures and picked out something for Christmas (we had all the b-day presents we needed). Sunday my sister and her family came over for presents and cake. 
Fun times for all!!





Strawberry Cake is her favorite and she asks for it every year, but she took pity on me this year in my pregnant state (it's a time consuming cake because I reduce strawberries to make a syrup to flavor the cake naturally...yadda, yadda, you get the idea). This year she chose my take on a Campfire Cake: a vanilla malt cake with a toasted marshmallow filling and chocolate frosting. I'm not winning awards for presentation, but it was yummy!

 


Look at all those presents!


The Chief giving his cousin a ride in his wagon.



Forget the presents, when do we eat cake?


Legos!


A Book


More Legos!


Blow out the candles...


What are you waiting for?


Happy Birthday Lizard!! It's hard to believe its already been 11 years.


Finally we get cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment