Sunday, November 3, 2013

Costumes 2013

This year Lizard wanted to be a dragon so all our costumes needed to coordinate with hers. I was so much fun designing and making the costumes this year. I got the idea for Little Bird's dress from a tutorial online with a few changes to the sleeves and front, and made up the rest. 


Lizard is a dragon, Little Bird is a princess, The Chief is a knight and I'm a jester. I looked at medieval paintings and old school costumes to get ideas for my costume and found that a lot of the old jesters had elfish ears on their hoods rather than the pointy hats you see more often.We were in a hurry taking the pictures so we don't have close ups of The Chief or me.


Here are some pics of just the costumes to give you a better idea of what they look like. The Chief's costume was based on the crusader knights but instead of the typical cross on the tunic I put a dragon to match his sister.


 


Little Bird loved being a princess. She is all girl.


Here is my fierce dragon. She has an 8 foot wingspan. When we were going over the design of the costume she said she wanted her arms to be the wings so this is what I came up with. 


Hubby had class Halloween night so Lizard went trick-or-treating with friends while I stayed home with the little ones and handed out candy. The photo above of all of us dressed up was for our ward Trunk-or-Treat. It was a lot of fun. I have never seen so many adults dressed up for Halloween. There was an "Up" family, a Lord of the Rings family, etc. I loved it.
 

 We have three neighbors with kids all grown up and they all made special treat bags for the kids. They are so nice!!! We love our neighbors. 

1 comment: