Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Chief Turns One

A week after hubby's birthday The Chief had his birthday. That means that within ten days in October Hubby, The Chief and I have our birthdays. Kind of a bummer because it's fun to have parties spread out, but kind of cool because we were all born in October.



Little Bird gets some attention before the party begins.


The Chief isn't walking on his own yet but he can climb onto just about anything.


Lizard wanted to help him open his presents.


My sister gave him a fun "tablet." It lights up, plays music and has lots of buttons to push. Most of the time Little Bird is stealing it from him, but they do have fun playing with it together.





 My parents gave The Chief some cool shirts. It's fun to dress a boy after dressing two girls.


Because The Chief can't eat milk we had to eat his Samoa Cake for him. I know that sounds mean, and I could have made him something without milk, but he really doesn't like food very much. He subsists on a diet of Cheerios, fruit and vegetables and me. I am still working on weaning him. He doesn't have any teeth yet and prefers food that is pureed or that he can suck on. For his birthday dessert he opted for some of those puffy snacks that dissolve in your mouth. Hey, whatever makes him happy. 

1 comment: