Sunday, December 8, 2013

Gingerbread Houses at The Mormon Trail Center

An annual event at the Mormon Trail center is the Gingerbread Display. Ward members, girl scout troops, boy scouts, etc. were invited to share their talents and have their creations put on display. There was also a stage in the background with children singing Christmas songs and a cute gingerbread house for children to play in.

It appears that the Tail Centers definition of "Gingerbread House" is very broad, and includes anything made out of edible materials, but there were definitely some amazing creations. I took pictures of some of the best, but there were even more.


One woman made all of the gingerbread houses on this table. 







I collect Pez containers but hate the candy. I think this is the best use of Pez candies that I've ever seen.















This is the last one... I think she must start in January and work all year long.



This castle is the collaborative effort of Relief Society in one of the local wards. 











This is the left side of a Western Town made of gingerbread. I like Santa in the outhouse.





There was so much attention to detail in this display. The "glass" paned windows, snowman in the stagecoach, tables, cactus, etc. I was really impressive.




 This display is pretty cute too. She had a lot of fun running around and playing in the house.




They must have know I was coming and made this photo prop for me. I can never get enough of these. Hubby got the kids in the car for me while I was handing out some of the cream pie I made (or else I would have eaten it all) and he forgot to get coats for the kids. The Chief isn't even wearing any socks. Luckily, that night was pretty warm (keep in mind that warm is a relative term), but we haven't been above freezing for quite a few days...teens and single digits. Brrrrrrrrr.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, mom will not be happy to hear that Matthew neglected coats and socks, lol! Someone is in trouble--MATTHEW!!! LOL!

    Looks like you all had a blast! Those gingerbread houses ARE really cool looking!

    ReplyDelete