Sunday, December 14, 2014

Frozen Dress

I wasn't going to get a Frozen dress for Little Bird because it seemed like every girl had one (okay, dumb reason)...then I found out my niece was going to have a Frozen birthday party. 

I figured since she didn't get to choose her Halloween costume, and maybe never will, I would make it up to her with a Frozen dress. So, I looked at a bunch a dresses online and decided to make her one. It was a little indulgent on my part because I want to get better at making dresses...you never know, maybe someday I will need to work on a Prom dress.



 Using one of her dresses to get the size right I created my own pattern. The sleeves were one of the hardest parts and I made things up as I went along. I was relieved when she tried it on and it fit her.


 Little Bird trying the dress on for the first time.



All dressed up for the party.


The Chief is the ultimate photo bomber.






Kristen did such a cute job decorating for the party. She made the crowns and Tyler drew Olaf for the "Pin the nose on Olaf" game. Little Bird had a lot of fun, and most of the other girls were dressed up in their Frozen finest too.




1 comment: