Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween 2014

I might have mentioned this in a previous post...but I gotta say, it was no accident that I was born in October because it really is my absolute favorite month of the year. Halloween is so much fun for me and it's even more fun with the kids.

This year we went with the Egyptian theme because of Lizard's school project. Little Bird got to dress up three times in three different costumes and loved it.


This is The Chief dressed up at our ward trunk or treat. I made his costume out of a sheet (Egytian cotton of course) and fabric I found at Goodwill. His collar, arm bands and waist thing are hand painted.


Little Bird striking a pose in her princess dress from last year. It still fit so she wore it again.


Lizard in her Sekhmet costume.


We were asked to have a carnival game at our trunk so I put cups on a board and had the kids try and throw ping pong balls into them. Some of the kids were really good. I had candy and prizes. It was a fun activity.


I decorated a hat for a Relief Society Activity. I got an award for the most work put into the hat because of the wire and beads.




I made this costume last year for Little Bird and forgot when it came time to decide on this year's theme. She ended up wearing it to her preschool party and the hat I made for RS was perfect. The Chief wanted his picture taken too.



It was a little warm for the baby costumes I have so we went with cool outfits during the week instead.




They did Boo Grams at Lizard's school but I never could make it over there to buy one for her so I made her one instead. There is coiled wire behind the ghost so that it's springy. His arms are a little wonky, but I was in a big hurry when I made it. It's the thought that counts right?


We hosted a pot luck for our street in our driveway on Halloween. It was something fun our neighborhood used to do in California. Considering that all the houses aren't occupied and it's our first year doing it I would say it was a success. Five other families came, and we also invited my sister and parents.




My sister asked me if I wanted to paint some "Face in the Hole" props for the elementary school's fall festival this year. The theme is super heroes so I decided to paint Lego Minifigures.  I love these things and will stop and get my picture taken whenever I see one. I think there will be more of these in my future now that I know how to make them.

 






I wish I could have taken pictures while it was still light outside. It gets dark really early here because Arizona doesn't do daylight savings (no complaining). Little Bird's cape was made from a shower curtain I found at Goodwill and the collar is made from the same fabric as The Chief's but it's hand beaded instead of painted.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!! Love the costumes and the Lego super hero props. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete