Sunday, February 15, 2015

If Life Hands You Lemons...make a purse

One of the Sister Missionaries in our ward was riding her bike and had gotten dehydrated. The dehydration made her dizzy and she crashed. Even though she was wearing a helmet, she still got a concussion and when they went to x-ray her she wouldn't wake up so they cut her clothes off. When you are a missionary you don't have very many clothes and so the loss of an outfit is a serious bummer. I felt bad and hated to see some of her favorite pieces go to waste so I got her to give them to me with the promise that they would become something useful. I had just enough fabric to make her a purse.


Here is the before. I think they used pruning shears to cut the clothes...the edges are so jagged.


Here is the after.  The main part of the blouse makes up the lining and the rosettes were made from the sleeves. The buttons in the rosettes came from the sleeves and the back of the shirt. I also mended her sweater which accounts for the strange seam in the front, but I think when it's on it's still wearable (both sleeves had been cut from the wrist to the neck).




I'm so glad she liked it. It was a scary experience for her and she's banned from riding her bike for the next 6 months. Lame!

No comments:

Post a Comment