Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Gutter Trouble

The day after we got that 8 1/2 inches of snow I was sitting at my computer working on my blog when all of a sudden I heard a loud banging noise on the front of the house. I looked out the window and what did I see...my gutter hanging precariously. (Pathetic Popcorn Popping reference) Okay, that was bad, but it really was my gutter just hanging there.


This photo was taken from my bedroom window. As you can see the gutter is only hanging by a couple of inches of metal. The ice that was in the gutter came sliding out, but luckily it didn't go through our neighbor's window.


This pic was taken from the front porch. The downspout hit the window frame and if it had struck three inches to the right it would have come through the window. Phew.


We were really blessed to get the gutter fixed the next day. It took calling eight companies to find someone who could come out on short notice (the Friday before Christmas) and they installed a 45' gutter in order for it to be a seamless repair. Little Bird stood on a chair and watched them from that window on the right.


No comments:

Post a Comment