Saturday, June 8, 2013

Kansas City, Missouri (and Kansas City, Kansas)

Our first stop in Kansas City, MO was the Hallmark center for a free Curious George exhibit that was on loan from a kid's museum. Then walked from the Hallmark Center (through floating covered walkways since it was pouring rain) to Union Station. We finished our trip with a visit to a popular BBQ place in Kansas City, KS and a stop for some fireworks in Rockport, MO. There are a lot more fireworks legal out here than there are in California. So bummed I didn't take a picture inside one of the stores.



I told Little Bird to smile and show me her teeth and she opened her mouth like I was going to brush them.


She understood what I was looking for a little better in this picture.




Lizard helping Little Bird make a craft.


She has this thing with eyes...touching them. The Chief is not a big fan of this tendency...it makes him uncomfortable.



The ceiling of Union Station.


The long corridor where people used to walk to reach their train platform. I should have taken a picture inside the bathroom. Platform twelve is in the ladies room. Very cool.


Volunteers run a toy train exhibit and the nice man let the kids go behind the tracks and get a closer look. It reminded me of my grandfather who was really into trains and used to make scenes like this in his basement.




Okay, in my defense we never go out to eat...so I wasn't on my guard. He survived though, and his immune system has proven itself.


The name of this restaurant is Oklahoma Joe's and it is run out of a gas station. Some gas stations have a subway or McDonald's, this one has a BBQ joint. It was pretty good and you can't go to Kansas City without trying some BBQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment