Sunday, July 28, 2013

Ice Cream - A Love Story

I have said it before and I'll say it again...I love ice cream. It is one of the most delicious foodstuffs on the planet, and it's fun to make. It is for this reason that my one ice cream maker and bowl were not cutting it. While looking into purchasing an additional bowl (you know...two flavors are better than one) I found that for two dollars more I could get a reconditioned machine AND bowl. Sold! This is what making two flavors of ice cream looks like.


It to two sauce pans, one for chocolate and one for vanilla malt. The chocolate flavor above is taking an ice bath.


Two machines churning yummy goodness.


The chocolate ice cream had Oreos (actually they're Jo Jo's, same thing) and the vanilla malt got the edible cookie dough bites. 





Finished product with homemade caramel sauce, whipped cream and a cherry on top.
As a disclaimer I think those cherries on top are not so delicious, but hubby likes them and it makes the sundae look pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment