Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Latest Projects

Here are some of the things that I've been working on. I still need to take pictures of another skirt I made and some dolls (that won't be for a while because they are gifts and we wouldn't want to spoil the surprise).



At the end of the year Lizard gave a present to a girl she had become friends with and we find out that same day that she's invited to her birthday party two weeks later. Because she had already given her a present I asked her if she would like me to make her friend something she could give her...I think it actually started out with "do you want to make her something" and then I kind of accidentally made it. That's why I sign Lizard up for sewing classes, so I can't butt in. Anyways, the girl's name starts with A so I made a giant A with a mustache because she likes mustaches. Lizard did pick out the fabric.


Here are some ties I made for The Chief. I made two of the argyle ties so that he could be twins with one of his cousins who is just two months older than him.




 The polka dot tie matches his sister's skirts.





I saw a photo of this whale on Pinterest and thought I could make it. It's made out of a pair of jeans. Lizard stole it so now I need to make one for myself. I really do like whales.



This fabric was on clearance at WalMart making the grand total of this skirt $6 (the zipper came off a sleeveless dress that I turned into a skirt years ago but saved the zipper). Here is the tutorial I used:
I had something like this in mind when I bought the fabric, so I was so excited that someone took the time to show me how to do it. The internet is so amazing. It's like having classes in your own home.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your skirt!!! So CUTE!! You are seriously amazing and I don't think there's anything that you can't do! You look so great! We miss you guys! I'm glad to see you're having a fun summer! Love you!

    ReplyDelete