Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Birthdays - Not One But Two

Hubby and I both have October birthdays...in fact I am exactly one year and three days older than him. I also share my birthday with my grandma and out of my 34 years of existence we have celebrated all but three of those birthdays together. We missed one while I was in college (she went to New York City), another while I was on my mission in Japan, and this past birthday because I'm in Omaha and can't fly. :( 
Here are some of the highlights from our birthday celebrations.










I thought it would be fun to make cupcakes this year. Hubby and I are both huge fans of coconut and German Chocolate Cake is one of our favorites. 


 Lizard went shopping with her dad and picked out her own presents and card this year. There is a note in the picture frame saying "Put Picture of Baby in Here." She did such a good job.







Here is something else you might not know about me: I really like Pez containers. I've been collecting them for over 20 years and I think they are so fun. My dream is to one day have a wall of Pez. For my birthday my mom gave me a box of Pez Presidents  (old school like Washington, Adams, etc.). Definitely a great addition to my collection.








Besides the cupcakes, I also made a mini cake to put candles on.
 

 The table all set up for Hubby's big day.


Little Bird helped pick this present out for her daddy.


Some presents from the Lizard. She used her own money to buy presents for her dad too.


Since we already had a cake three days earlier I decided to make hubby's favorite Seven Layer Bars. Little Bird thinks they look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment