Monday, February 4, 2013

Valentine's Day Gift Boxes

When I think of Christmas I think cookies, and when I think of Valentine's Day I think chocolates. I wanted to make the four women I visit teach* something special so I decided to go with chocolates.

*Visiting Teaching is a program in my church where we are assigned specific women to visit each month (sometimes you might visit the same women for years and other times it might be just for a few months). It is a wonderful program that gives us the chance to become friends with women we might not otherwise get to know, and it also helps us to better care for each other. I know I can call on the women who visit me if I need anything.


You know how on a lot of the cooking blogs they take a picture of the ingredients you will be needing? Well, this is what it looks like when you are making two kinds of chocolates and two kinds of fudge at the same time. I made the caramel ahead of time otherwise there would be even more ingredients. :)







 I made these boxes using an origami fold. The Japanese are so cool!!
I wish I had taken a photo of the inside of the boxes empty because I lined them with different colored paper.


Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cups (Pintrest Recipe)
Salted Caramel Chocolates
Butterscotch Fudge with Pretzels and Rolos (Pintrest Recipe)
There's no photo of the chocolate fudge up close because it wasn't that great. I'll be trying a different recipe next time.
I just barely joined Pintrest about three weeks ago because I was tired of not being able to search the site. Now it's something to do while feeding The Chief.



2 comments:

  1. yummy wish you were visiting me. Love you all-- Mom N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I was there for your Valentine chocolates they look delish-- You are so cool to make your own boxes too.

    ReplyDelete