Sunday, November 2, 2014

What do you do when the kids are sleeping?

Work on an art project that's what.
I found the idea for this cool work of art on Pinterest. Where else right? I had been looking to buy something for my walls and couldn't find anything just right. Then I stumbled on this idea. My father-in-law built us a table and bench with a herringbone pattern so I thought it would be cool to make art to match. I need to post pictures of the table, it turned out awesome.


All the pieces of tape had to be cut to the same length.


You paint whatever colors you want on canvas and then apply strips of paint in a herringbone pattern.


The pattern didn't turn out as straight as I wanted, but I wasn't about to start over.


 Then paint over the tape with white paint.


Here they are finished (they measure 24" x 36"). Sorry, I don't have a picture of them hanging up.

No comments:

Post a Comment